Pay per click advertising budgets are on the decline and people are blaming the elusive economy. It’s understandable. In uncertain economic times people are more watchful of their money. As it should be. But don’t stop advertising altogether. Now, more than ever, you need to get the word out about how you are different than your competition. How should you spend your advertising dollars in a downward falling economy?
Here are a few tips to help you make the most your money in today’s advertising climate:
- Set a budget. Make sure you know where your money is going and be able to account for every dollar.
- Track and measure everything. Only online can you track every eyeball. Print advertising can’t do that. But you have the ability to see how many people are viewing your ads and responding. Take advantage of that knowledge.
- Maintain tight ad groups. Target, target, target. Make sure you are advertising to the right crowd.
- Quality, quality, quality. Write quality landing page content, quality ad content, and test, test, test.
- Test everything. Keep what works, toss what doesn’t.
Online advertising doesn’t have to be expensive. Take advantage of every opportunity to save a dollar and make a dollar. Test, implement, test again.