PPC advertising is all about the looks. An attractive ad will get more click throughs than some staid, boring text ad with no call to action. I’m not just talking about great sales text. I’m talking about visual elements that you can ad to your text ad to make it more appealing. The bottom line is to make your ad stick out in a sea of advertisers. Here are a few ways to do that better:
- Bold Text – Bold text can make your ad stand out. But don’t bold the entire ad. Use bold in a limited fashion by using it to draw attention to a very important word or phrase. That word will stick out and so will your ad.
- Capitalize Letters – Or even whole words. NOT the entire ad. You don’t want to come across like you are shouting ad the searcher. You just want to draw emphasis to a certain word or perhaps one line by capitalizing the first letter of each word. Use this in moderation, but use it to great effect.
- Exclamation Marks – Done once it can be very effective. Done twice or more and it has a detrimental effect. Like capital letters, it can seem like you are shouting. So don’t! Just go easy and use it when you need it.
- Ampersand – The little ampersand does more than save space. It sticks out like a sore thumb & draws attention to itself. You may not want to use it every time in lieu of the longer ‘and’, but it can help make your ad more visible.
- Other Special Characters – Use whatever you can to make your ad stand out. Numbers. Symbols. Whatever. Just stand out.
Is your PPC ad visual? It should be.